William Baker Neighbourhood January 2019 Update
Help shape plans for the new William Baker Neighbourhood
Community consultation is crucial to the development of the District Plan for the William Baker neighbourhood.
This website will be updated with consultation materials, including all community meeting and event details, as they become available. You can also sign-up for updates by completing the form on this page.
About the William Baker neighbourhood
William Baker is one of five planned new neighbourhoods within the Downsview Area Secondary Plan area. William Baker neighbourhood covers 62 acres (25 hectares) of land north and west of Sheppard Avenue and east of Keele Street.
The woodlot, a key feature of the future neighbourhood, will be protected and become an extension of Downsview Park. The neighbourhood will have a multi-use trail and the pedestrian bridge over Sheppard Avenue will be improved.
William Baker neighbourhood will meet the major goals of the approved Downsview Area Secondary Plan. The William Baker neighbourhood District Plan will:
- Have a connected parks and open space system
- Have a mix of land uses that is compact and supportive of transit
- Have development at transit supportive scales around the new TTC/GO Transit hub
- Create an integrated public street network
- Have a high quality of urban design
- Encourage and support sustainable development and design
Sign-up here for updates.
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Real Estate (Ontario)
Canada Lands Company