Phase three consultations
On Tuesday, November 10th, Canada Lands hosted two online community meetings at 12:00 pm and 7:00 pm to share and seek feedback on the emerging District Plan Concept. The same presentation was shared at both sessions. Notices for the community meetings were sent out in advance to the neighbouring community through Canada Post and posted in the Downsview Newsletter, the local newspapers (Metroland Media and L’Express) and on Facebook and Twitter.
You can view the meeting presentation below as well as both meeting recordings. A summary of the feedback that was shared during and after the online community meetings are also posted below.
Materials from the first consultation phase which took place in the spring and summer of 2019, including the phase one feedback report, are available here. Additionally, materials from the second phase which took place in fall 2019/winter 2020, including the phase two feedback report, are available here.
Small Group Meeting Summaries
- Downsview Lands Community Voice Association (Nov. 5, 2020)
- Duke Heights BIA (Nov. 4, 2020)
- Wilson Village BIA (Nov. 5, 2020)
- York Centre Seniors Steering Committee (Nov. 4, 2020)
- York Centre Seniors Steering Committee (Dec. 3, 2020)
- York Centre Seniors Steering Committee (Feb. 4, 2021)
Planning Submission Stage – Small Group Meeting Summaries
Shortly after submitting their District Plan and development applications to the City of Toronto, Canada Lands and members of their consultant team met with local organizations to provide an update and answer questions. The summaries from these meetings are included below.
- Downsview Lands Community Voice Association (Feb. 24, 2021)
- Duke Heights BIA (Feb. 25, 2021)
- Wilson Village BIA (Mar. 4, 2021)
- York Centre Seniors Steering Committee (Mar. 5, 2021)